What is arranged employment for the Federal Skilled Worker Program?
Under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program, arranged employment means you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer.
Having a valid job offer affects you in two different ways: for eligibility under the FSWP, and later, for points towards your total score.
Arranged employment is worth 50 points on the FSW selection factors. (This is how we find if you are eligible for the FSW program through Express Entry).
To immigrate to Canada as a FSW, you must complete an Express Entry profile and be invited to apply.
Under Express Entry, if you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer, you can earn between 50 and 200 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System. This depends on the type of job. It will give you a better chance of being invited to apply at the next round of invitation.
For either, a job offer must be in writing and must set out details of the job they are offering you, such as:
- your pay and deductions
- your job duties
- conditions of employment, like your hours of work
An additional of 15 points (up to) can be earned on the Federal Skilled Worker Selection Grid. This is done when the employer has made permanent, full-time, non-seasonal Offer of employment to a foreign national, and either of the following situation applies:
- The applicant is NOT expected to work in Canada before becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada.
- The applicant is currently working in Canada on a valid Work Permit.
Any applicant in Group 1, the opinion of Service Canada on the job offer is required by the Immigration Department before points can be allotted for the AEO.
The following factors are considered – in addition to the LMO factors – while the processing of the AEO application:
- The job offer is genuine
- The wages and working conditions are comparable to those offered to Canadians working in the occupation
- The job offer is permanent
- The employment is full-time
- The employment is not seasonal
This process will take around 8-10 months.
How to Apply Through ThinkImmigration.me:
- Fill out the free assessment form, which you can find the option at the bottom
- After your assessment our Client Relation Manager, will arrange a Free One Hour Consultation with you. (Which will be completely free of charge)
to explain you the process in detail.
To check eligibility and apply please complete free assessment form: